Sunday 4 November 2012

Choosing a genre for a music magazine.

I will be looking at a few different magazine genres to decide what genre to choose for my magazine.
A genre I would preferbly choose would be Pop this is because Pop magazine is what I am mainly into as it has the latest gossip and songs from artists in the charts.

POP magazine



This is a POP magazine that is very popular, mainly for females. The codes and convention of this magazine is slightly different to other pop magazines as normally on the mast head they will have the word POP somewhere. The colour schemes for all pop music magazines are very similiar, they mostly use feminine colours as that is the magazines main audience. Also on the front of the magazine they give you information about other artists that will be mentioned in the magazine this is what will draw the readers in as it could be gossip, photos on their favourite artists. I am interested in creating a magazine with a POP genre because it is interesting, colourful and exciting.

CLASSICAL magazine



CLASSICAL music magazines can be quite popular and well known in the classical world, this magazine is a very popular magazine. Classical magazines are clear to read, they use similar colours for each classical magazine red and white! They have a simple layout which I quite like, as I do not like my magazine covers cluttered. I have decided not to do Classical music magazine as I am not particularly fond of classical music and could find some difficulty.

ROCK magazine



When I was researching rock magazines this was quite a popular one, the masthead is plain and simple. I prefer mast heads with colour and quirky font not bland. Codes and conventions for rock magazines are often very similiar they tend to use red, black and white Also the layout is full of content that will appear in the magazine, however for me this is to full. I will not be using the genre Rock for my magazine as it does not appeal to me and my colour scheme would not fit it.

No comments:

Post a Comment